By David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald
Offering a entire and up to date survey of the sphere, A spouse to Modernist Poetry offers readers with targeted discussions of person poets, ‘schools’ and ‘movements’ inside modernist poetry, and the cultural and ancient context of the modernist period.
- Provides an in-depth and obtainable precis of the newest tendencies within the learn of modernist poetry
- Balances dialogue of person poets, ‘schools’, and ‘movements’ with in-depth literary and old context
- Brings fresh scholarship to undergo with regards to modernist poetry whereas additionally offering suggestions on poets who're traditionally important
- Edited via hugely revered and awesome critics within the box who've a huge wisdom of present debates and of emerging and senior students within the field
Read Online or Download A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
The 'transnational' flip has remodeled modernist reports, tough Western authority over modernism and positioning race and racial theories on the very centre of ways we now comprehend sleek literature. Modernism and Race examines relationships among racial typologies and literature within the overdue 19th and early 20th centuries, drawing on fin de siécle types of anthropology, sociology, political technological know-how, linguistics and biology.
This e-book addresses an under-researched quarter of modernist reports, reconsidering modernist attitudes in the direction of feeling within the gentle of the arts' flip to affect.
Whereas modernism's engagement with the occult has been approached through critics because the results of a lack of religion in illustration, an try to draw on technological know-how because the basic discourse of modernity, or as a hidden historical past of rules, Leigh Wilson argues that those discourses have at their middle a mystical perform which remakes the connection among global and illustration.
Why is liberalism so frequently brushed aside through thinkers from either the left and the perfect? to these calling for wholesale transformation or claiming a monopoly on “realistic” conceptions of humanity, liberalism’s guaranteed progressivism can appear difficult to swallow. Bleak Liberalism makes the case for a renewed knowing of the liberal culture, exhibiting that it really is even more attuned to the complexity of political existence than traditional bills have stated.
- Poetry and Theology in the Modernist Period
- On Modern Poetry: From Theory to Total Criticism
- Writing the City: Urban Visions and Literary Modernism (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance
- Speech-Gesture Complex (Edinburgh Critical Studies in Modernism Drama and Performance EUP)
Additional info for A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald