By Wendy Martin
An fascinating new reference paintings that illuminates the ideals, customs, occasions, fabric tradition, and associations that made up Emily Dickinson's international, giving clients a look at either Dickinson's lifestyles and occasions and the social historical past of the United States within the nineteenth century.
• presents greater than two hundred alphabetically prepared entries, protecting such matters as structure; costume; schooling and highbrow existence; newspapers; marriage; relations (including Dickinson's own); foods and drinks; buddies; crops and animals; non secular practices; philosophies; struggle; many of the symbols and subject matters present in Dickinson's poetry; and different facets of Dickinson's era
• offers a chronology from 1801 to 1945 directory milestones in Emily Dickinson's existence, her courses, in addition to major occasions of the nineteenth century
• deals listings of steered books, on-line assets, and videos
• offers illustrations and photographs that upload to the certainty of Dickinson's stories and the area round her
Read or Download All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
First released in 2000. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Self sustaining rock, referred to as indie rock (rock self sustaining of the key label corporations), is track devoted to the paintings of rock: it really is adventurous, eclectic, defiant, artistic, and restlessly inventive. For over forty years, indie bands have prided themselves at the back-breaking efforts of self-promotion, self-produced albums, selfmade album hide artwork, or even, for the stalwart artist, self-run list labels.
During this unique research, Geoffrey Sanborn provides a clean interpretation of the villanous Magua in James Fenimore Cooper's The final of the Mohicans (1826) and of the dignified harpooner Queequeg in Herman Melville's Moby-Dick (1851). via cautious ancient learn, Sanborn has made up our minds that either authors relied seriously on modern debts of the indigenous natives of recent Zealand, the Maori, to increase their iconic characters.
Die hier vorgelegte Auswahl der Briefe, die der italienische Philosoph und Politiker Antonio Gramsci aus den Gefängnissen des faschistischen Italien an Familienangehörige und Freunde schrieb, verfolgt in erster Linie das Ziel, das Interesse an der individual und dem Werk des Mannes zu wecken, der neben Georg Lukács der wohl bedeutendste marxistische Philosoph der Zeit zwischen den beiden Weltkriegen battle.
- Nordische Vornamen: Vornamen aus dem Norden dieser Welt (German Edition)
- Encyclopedia of Wicca & Witchcraft
- Encyclopedia of Asian Philosophy
- Encyclopaedism from Antiquity to the Renaissance
- African Kingdoms: An Encyclopedia of Empires and Civilizations
Additional info for All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World
All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World by Wendy Martin